NEW: Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs II





     Here are some actual new fakes for you guys to enjoy. I promised that I would make a couple of Gillian fakes for Hazmat81, and I can't make fakes of her without also making fakes of Alison. So after a few hours of work on my weekend off, I have delivered on my promise, and I am pleased with how well they turned out.

    The absolute hero of these fakes was the patch tool. For those unaware, there is a tool in Photoshop that allows you to make a quick selection and replace the area with pixels from another area. It works similar to the clone stamp tool, but is far easier to use, and works much better in certain cases. Something interesting I found out it can do is the ability to add blemishes to different area. For instance, if you want to put a mole on the face of your subject, you can select the area you want to place the blemish, drag it to an area that has a mole, and the tool will put that mole in the area of selection. This example is relevant to a few fakes that I will talk about later down the road. 

    With these fakes, the tool was useful for the hair and the neck area. The neck area is usually the most discolored when the head is placed, even after attempting to match the skin tones. the patch tool can fix that when used in conjunction with the brush tool, and a hue/saturation adjustment layer. It isn't perfect of course. I think the second Gillian fake is where it is most noticeable that the neck doesn't match perfectly, but I think it is negligible. So if you're interested in making your own fakes with Photoshop, I highly recommend experimenting with the patch tool. It can be found by right-clicking the spot healing brush, and selecting it from the list that appears.

    Once again, the models used for Alison and Gillian are Casey Calvert and Alexa Grace respectively. As I said, I like to use a single model for a single celebrity if it is viable. Some models don't have an extensive library of high quality images that I can find. If anyone has any recommendations on where to find good quality images, feel free to leave it in the comments. I would very much appreciate it. I also welcome any advice on how to create high fidelity images. I feel like the quality could be much better, but all attempts end up with all these fakes looking grainy or blurry when zoomed in, regardless of the images' resolution, or the camera raw filter settings. To put it bluntly, I don't know shit about fuck, so any advice is appreciated.

    I think my next post will be another set of Variety Fakes with fakes I abandoned for whatever reason. I want to finish those because I think I can now make them work with my improved skill. That could take longer than expected with my schedule, so don't be surprised if I continue to make posts with my old fakes, as I still have plenty of those to go through. I will keep you guys updated whenever I make a new post through my thread on COPP, so stay tuned for now. I hope you enjoy the new fakes.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts